Every single day we have messages or calls from prospective customers stating his/her car wasn't picked up just on the regular pickup date, or perhaps that the car transport company they chose increased the charge at the pickup date. On the listed content we intend to cover some simple things which can let you choose an appropriate car transport company and also watch out for frauds!
Identifying a reliable Car Transport company.
Double check who you actually pay before you sign and pay deposit.
Do not pay unless you see driver details.
Don’t carry out double booking.
- Getting hold of a trusted Car Transport company: when you gaze on internet for a car transport company, probably you will see wonderful ads getting you to give your critical information and subsequently get 5, seven or 10 instant quotes so you can check out deals! Genuinely this is definitely the major mistake!!! Your information will be offered to a number of transport companies which will definitely fight to suit your needs. When the sales rep offers you a low-ball quote 25% lower than all the other offers, AVOID! They will likely take a NON REFUNDABLE down payment as well as raise the charge at the day of the planned move!! Your very best approach is to open Google and type in “car transport” and locate a car transport company and of course rather not a TOP dealer.
- Confirm who you actually pay before you sign and as well spend on deposit : You got a quotation, now the representative suggests you to sign a contract and also pay initial deposit; simply before you sign and pay, check the company rating and moreover permits.
- Demand the representative for their MC# and verify that just all license as well as enrollment are existing and also good. You can easily have a look in the listed internet site: li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/pkg_carrquery.prc_carrlist
- In fact this web site: http://www.movingscam.com/theLinks.shtml#corp permits you to watch out for business names by state; make sure the company you contact is reputable and also has permits!!
- 99% of the car transport business make use of central dispatch to post and then pick up opportunities. Almost every dealer has feed backs which enable you to have a look at how this company acts and functions compared to other dealers as well as drivers. http://www.movecars.com/toc/find/index.htm
- As a final point, “Google” the dealer name and read through the 3rd page to actually figure out any kind of red flags.
- Do not spend money until you get a hold of driver’s details: At the time sales rep wants the deposit, INSIST to get hold of the driver’s info and moreover estimate pickup date. Companies that request an deposit before they get a driver more often will call just a day before or even the very same date with some scenario and will eventually demand for extra money to move the car or just they might have to terminate the written contract and retain the NON REFUNDABLE deposit!
- Do not try double booking : Central Dispatch (drivers and brokers board) operates exactly like an public auction; each company offers more to get themselves a driver. Simply when drivers see the same car on the deck with two totally different dealers they know there is fight taking place for this particular job so most likely they just hold on and just leave the brokers fight for it and see just how they keep increasing the rate (which actually you have to spend) and moreover pickup the work just at the very last moment once the best value is given. Stop looking around as soon as you are done booked! This in turn will simply cost you further.
If are ready to book your car transport service give us a call at (800) 516-3440 to talk to an agent or else just get a complimentary online price by clicking here.